Next P&C Meeting
- Wednesday 26 March in the Primary Site office, at 6.30pm.
- New Family Welcome event. All parents/carers welcome to attend. Special invitation extended to parents/carers of students in Pre-School, Kindergarten, Defence families and any families new to the school this year.
- BBQ, mix and mingle, children welcome to attend. Short meeting/discussion to follow.
- A lunchtime event will also be held for those who can’t make evenings, date coming.
- Please register/email your interest.
Primary Site Disco
- Friday 4 April (week 9)
- With Holy Spirit Primary.
- Very popular with the students.
- Note to follow.
- Many helpers needed for even part of the evening – setup and BBQ (from 3.30/4pm), serving food and ‘security’ (from 5.15pm), please keep the date free and let me know if you can assist.
End-of-term BBQ Primary Site
- Monday 24 March (week 8)
- Note to follow.
- Options include $5 lunch, Halal and vegetarian.
- Children must have permission note signed so we know you are OK with them having the lunch.
Family dinner at the Lakes club
- Monday 7 April (week 10).
- From 6.15pm (the Club’s “kids eat free” promotion usually on Mondays, order before 7).
- Relaxed informal setting to meet other families. Special invitation to Defence and new families to the school. All families/children welcome.
- Mother’s Day event is in planning (week 2, Term 2)
- Trivia night mid-year.
- P&C meetings are on Wednesdays week 4 and 8 each term. First meeting each term will have the Principal’s report to parents on the school, progress with the IB and other happenings. Not to be missed!
- Thanks to all those who attended the P&C AGM, an excellent turnout with broad ranging discussion.
- The principal updated the meeting on the IB.
- Minutes are available on the P&C website.
- Your committee for 2014 is:
- Michael Rush (President),
- Lyndal Reid (Vice-President),
- Carmel Looby (Treasurer),
- Paul Singer (Secretary), and
- Rebecca Evans (Public Officer). Welcome to the Committee Rebecca.
- Looking forward to the involvement of many people over the year, new ideas and participants always welcome!
IB Information night
- A decent turnout at the IB night held by the school.
- I strongly encourage you to attend future events to find out more about this exciting direction for the school.
- Please let me know if you’d attend a day-time presentation (firstname.lastname@example.org) and I’ll approach the school.
- Register your email on the P&C website to get notification of updates and new information. Follow the P&C on Facebook and twitter!
- Thanks to Aussie Farmers Direct (your local milko) for continued support of the P&C!
- Register your account now as they will donate a percentage of sales.
- This raised several hundred dollars last year!
- Teaches the students savings habits, small minimum deposits, the students can save for holiday spending or other targets, they receive small prizes/incentives, and the school receives a donation from the Bank !
- Please register now. Contact the front offices or P&C for more information.