- Information Night Survey. Your feedback would be appreciated, so if you could please complete our Parent/Carer survey on zoomerang at the following address https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GCSinfonight
- Primary Site Disco Friday Week 7 (22/3)
- Primary Site Sausage Sizzle Monday Week 10 (8/4)
- Family Dinner (all welcome), Gungahlin Lakes Club, Monday 8 April (Week 10), 6.30pm.
We’d like to compile an email list of people interested in updates on events and happenings; or who may be available for future fundraisers.(Emails not passed to anyone else etc). Please drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Primary Site Sausage Sizzle: helpers needed 12-2pm Monday 8/4. Please email me if you can assist.
- Primary Disco, Friday 22 March Helpers required in the following capacities (please email me if you can assist). Helping out is great fun and the students love the disco.
- 2-3 people to help organise the event. There are experienced hands around to work with; and Holy Spirit Primary will also have organisers. Estimate 3 meetings, some emails and a few phone calls to help get the team together.
- On the night, lots of helpers (20+ for each time bracket) required for:
- Setup (4-6pm);
- K-2 Disco (6-7pm approx): BBQ, food servers, ‘security’ to assist manage exits.
- Years 3-5 Disco (7-8pm approx): as above, BBQ hands, food servers, ‘security’.
If you can help for the whole evening that would be great!
Committee Members Lyndal Reid, Tania Lutan and I attended the school’s recent strategic planning session. My take on it was that there are certainly plenty of exciting innovations and ideas being considered! A key message from the data is how much the school, particularly the high school, is undersold in terms of its academic achievements. We agreed there is a need to take communication with parents to another level to make people aware of the achievements, the broad range of programs already available and the plans to build opportunities offered to students. I commend to you very highly the energy, enthusiasm and ideas of our new Principal, Linda Baird who, together with the Executive team and staff, are mapping a great future for the school across P-10.
…is coming. Some paperwork is still to be sorted and taking longer than expected. Thanks to Kerry our Business Manager for her continuing works to jump through all the hoops to make this happen!
Don’t forget IGA Nicholls and Aussie Farmers Direct (local milko) are two of the businesses that support the school, please support them!
Gold Creek School Board: P&C Position Scheduled Vacancy
Nominations closed on Friday for the scheduled vacancy of one P&C representative position on the School Board. There are 6 nominations for the position. Accordingly, an election will be held. Voting commences at 11am this Friday 1 March and closes at 11am on Friday 8 March 2013. Candidates’ supporting statements and voting papers will be sent home through the students and will also be available at both Primary and Senior front offices. Voting forms must be returned to the school within the voting period for the vote to count. Details on the election process can be viewed online at the website of the ACT Government Department of Education and Training at http://www.det.act.gov.au/school_education/school_boards/school_board_elections
President, Gold Creek School P&C