The Gold Creek School Parents and Citizens Association (the ‘P&C’) is committed to supporting Gold Creek School provide quality education that recognises the rights of all children to a safe, nurturing and enjoyable schooling experience.
We welcome all parents, carers and community members with an interest in Gold Creek School to join the P&C and to help promote greater community engagement with the school and public schooling in the ACT.
The P&C aims to:
- promote the interests of the school and ACT public schooling;
- encourage the close collaboration of teaching staff, parents, students, the school board, Holy Spirit School Board and Holy Spirit P&F;
- provide a forum where members can contribute to the development of the goals and policies of the school;
- concurrently provide a forum where members can contribute to formulation of policies and programs for ACT public schooling;
- provide parents with a means of raising and discussing matters of general concern and interest;
- provide a means by which parent members of the school board keep in touch with parent views, receive input on matters to be decided and report back on decisions taken;
- affiliate with the Council and to participate in its work;
- make representations to appropriate authorities relating to the well-being and safety of students; and
- assist with the provision of equipment for educational, recreational and sporting use for the school.